What are Homeopathic Remedies?
Homeopathy, medical practice was founded by physician Samuel Hahnemann in Germany in the year 1796. This therapeutic system was established on the assumption that if a substance produces particular symptoms it can also give relief from those symptoms. Or it can be said that a very small dose of a definite toxin can alleviate the symptoms it would produce in larger doses. In the above-mentioned practice, these substances are obtained from plants, minerals and animals. These natural substances become Homeopathic remedies through potentization.
The basic constituents of the remedial substances are weakened by mixing and diluting with water and alcohol. Then a rapid rocking follows which is very important in preparing the Homeo remedies. This action is known as potentization and it conveys therapeutic activities.
Most of these medicines do not contain any molecule from the original component. These remedies are available in various forms such as tiny sweet sugar globules, tablets, creams and gels and in the form of liquid medicine
List of Homeopathic Remedies:
- Homeopathic remedies for diabetes – Insulin secreted from the pancreas is capable of controlling the level of glucose present in our blood. If the required amount of insulin is not produced the blood sugar level rises leading to a condition called diabetes. Abroma augusta, Phosphorus, Syzygium jambolanum, Lycopodium, are remarkable homeopathic remedies for diabetes.
- Homeopathic remedies for thyroid – When the thyroid gland is not active or if its activity is low, it cannot produce enough thyroid hormones that our body needs to carry out different functions. Calcarea carbonica, Sepia officinalis, Lycopodium clavatum, Graphites, Nux vomica are some excellent homeopathic remedies for thyroid.
- Homeopathic remedies for women’s health – Menstrual cycle plays a major role in women’s health. Menstrual irregularities, weight gain, abnormal hair growth or hair fall are some symptoms of a health condition in women known as polycystic ovarian syndrome. Sepia, Thuja, Pulsatilla, Natrum mur, Kali carb are some homeopathic remedies for women’s health.
- Homeopathic remedies for arthritis – Arthritis is a condition characterised by swelling in the joints along with ache and stiffness in the affected area. It causes severe pain in the joints, fingers, wrist, hand, back, ankle etc. Calcarea carb, Ruta, Rhus tox, Arnica, Belladonna are useful homeopathic remedies for arthritis.
- Homeopathic remedies for infertility – Infertility is the inefficiency to become a biological parent. The cause behind this problem is prevalent either in the male or in the female or both. Agnus castus, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Natrum phos are wonderful homeopathic remedies for infertility.
- Homeopathic remedies for sinusitis – Sinusitis is a health condition that develops when the tissues around the sinus become inflamed because of the accumulation of fluid or mucus. Silicea, Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Merc sol are some homeopathic remedies for sinusitis to get rid of this condition.
- Homeopathic remedies for hypertension – Hypertension is a condition that develops when the pressure of the blood exerted on the walls of the blood vessel namely arteries becomes very high. Aconitum, Allium, Baryta, Glonoinum are fantastic homeopathic remedies for hypertension.
- Homeopathic remedies for skin – The skin which is the largest organ of our body protects us from germs, regulates the temperature of our body and provide sensations. Diseases of the skin for example eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo, rosacea, hives, shingles can be successfully treated by using homeopathic remedies for skin like Sulphur, Rhus tox, Sepia, Graphites etc.
- Homeopathic remedies for hair – There are a variety of reasons behind hair loss or hair fall. Ageing, hormonal variations, medical health or hereditary factors are the main culprits behind this problem. Thuja, Natrum, Lycopodium, Fluoric acid are successful homeopathic remedies for hair.
- Homeopathic remedies for allergy – When a particle enters our body from outside sometimes our immune system responds abnormally by developing allergies. The most common types of allergies include allergy to certain medicines, food or mould, animal allergy, allergic rhinitis etc. Arsenic album, Calcarea, Gelsemium, Lycopodium, Sulphur are some good homeopathic remedies for allergy.
- Homeopathic remedies for asthma – Asthma is a medical condition that develops when the airways swell up. As a result, the air tubes become narrow causing hindrances while breathing. Aconitum, Adrenalium, Aralia, Phosphorus, Bromium are some homeopathic remedies for asthma are very effective in treating it.
- Homeopathic remedies for migraine headache – Triggered by certain food, drink or stress, migraine headache is normally followed by nausea and irritability to light and sound. Gelsemium, Belladonna, Bryonia, Sepia, Nux vomica, Glonoinum are satisfactory homeopathic remedies for migraine headache.
- Homeopathic remedies for spondylitis – When swelling occurs in the bones of the spinal cord and the large joints spondylitis develops. The swellings give rise to stiffness and pain. Rhus tox, Bryonia alba, Hypericum, Gelsemium, Calcarea fluorica are effective homeopathic remedies for spondylitis.
- Homeopathic remedies for children diseases – Children frequently suffer from cold, diarrhoea, stomach pain, fever etc. This is because their immune system has not developed properly. To improve their defence mechanism homeopathic remedies like Aconitum, Allium, Arsenic album, Nux, Ferrum phos, Belladonna, Bryonia are recommended.
- Homeopathic remedies for blocked ears – Ears get blocked due to infections. This gives rise to ear pain and difficulty in hearing. Some homeopathic remedies like Kali mur, Pulsatilla, Hydrastis, Merc sol, Gelsemium are very effective in treating this condition.
- Homeopathic remedies for cysts – Usually benign, a cyst is a sac-like abnormal growth filled with fluid or other substances. Thuja, Calcarea, Apis mellifica, Lachesis, Pulsatilla nigricans are some effective homeopathic remedies for cysts.
- Homeopathic remedies for teeth and gums – Gum diseases are caused by bacteria existing in plaque that forms on the teeth, resulting from poor oral hygiene. Arnica montana, Chamomilla, Coffee cruda, Mercurious solubilis, Phosphorus are recommended in the treatment of teeth and gums.
- Homeopathic remedies for nerve regeneration – Though the nerves of the spinal cord cannot regenerate the peripheral nerves joining our hands, legs and other organs to the central nervous system can regenerate after an injury. Hypericum perforatum is an excellent homeopathic remedy for nerve regeneration.
Homeopathic remedies are cost-effective, reliable, and easily available. Since the remedies are highly diluted it has no side effects. The remedies aim at removing the cause and boosting the immunity. I am sure these strong beneficial points will make you ponder about the advantages of homeopathic remedies over conventional ones.